Acts of Service
We at Arbor Christian Academy believe that providing a high-quality education for our students is a joint effort between the school, family, and church community. Research has shown that children who receive intentional support from each of these groups perform stronger academically, have better social skills and behavior, and are more likely to graduate and go on to higher education.
For this reason, ACA encourages parental involvement in a variety of ways. Our expectation is that a member from each family participates in 5 acts of service per year. Ways to serve include but are not limited to:
- helping with classroom parties
- chaperoning field trips
- assisting with the maintenance of school grounds
- volunteering as a classroom assistant
- supervising lunch and recess
- working with small groups of students (as designated by the teacher)
A list of available opportunities and times to serve will be posted in the school lobby. To arrange an act of service, please speak with the school secretary.